Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Family Home Evening

Last night for Family Home Evening Brandon and I went to the Bean Museum at BYU. Talk about being sheltered, I didn't even know it existed! I always heard people talk about the Bean Museum but I found out last night I had never been there. I've been to the Museum of Art at BYU and seen some cool displays there and that's where I thought we were going but it turns out I was wrong. And I loved the Bean Museum! There are so many animals there, it's insane! And you can't beat free admission either.

I can't believe how huge this bear is!!

While we were there this guy was doing a presentation on reptiles. It was pretty cool. He had a big giant lizard and two huge boa constrictors that he was holding. Check out the snake skin on the floor!


Okay, so I thought this was awesome. A massive butterfly made up of other butterflies. This thing was huge. The second picture helps you see the detail.

6 comments:

Ryan & Jess said...

Very cool Steph - and who knew? Right in our own backyard :)

swimminupstream said...

Hey!!! Steph, did you guys see the Liger while you were there? There really is ONE in the world and it's THERE! (From Napoleon Dynamite)

Aaron & Stacey Salmon said...

Ok that butterfly was so cool!!
SS

Erickson Family said...

Finally a new blog post!!! jk.. We took Emma there once.. I think I was very pregnant too so it must of been right before we moved. It took us a while before we discovered it too!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

I have never heard of this place! We will have to take Erika over. I love that picture of the butterfly...so cool!

So yeah I just got your message this morning about lunch on Tuesday...so I guess I didn't make it! I am thinking of planning a christmas dinner though and invite husbands and stuff over so we can do that at my house. I will let you know more details later!

Bishops said...

Hooray for the Bean Museum! Did you get to hold the snakes? I always loved going up there and holding the snakes when I was a kid but I don't know if they let you do that anymore. btw I love that you have music on your blog - you'll have to educate me :-)