Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Season

Thanksgiving weekend really was so magical with the first big snowfall and just being able to spend lots of time together at home as a family. We were out one night and on a whim decided to drive down to Riverwoods to see if Santa was there.

You guys, there was no line at all! Like literally, there was one family seeing him, and then we just walked up and were next. We weren't even sure if we would be able to do this because it was so cold outside and we weren't really prepared but it worked out so well and this was the best Santa we've seen yet! It was so awesome. We are used to standing in line for 20 minutes or more so the kids weren't even really prepared with what to ask him for. Ha ha.

Mckinley was let in on the Santa truth this year and she was more excited than ever for Christmas since she got to be a part of it with us. It was so fun!!!

The kids begged and begged and I let them decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. They did it all themselves besides a little help with the tree. Man, I can't express how much I love having my kids do the decorating for me! It's the best.

Oops, these pictures are a little out of place. this is a picture of Riverwoods with NO LINE for Santa. Unheard of. We need to go early in the year every year. It was amazing.


I found this out on the deck.

We had so much fun playing out in the snow over Thanksgiving break. I went out with the kids to the pond and we were throwing snowballs in it and watching them just float (instead of melt) because the water was so cold. Living on the golf course is so magical.

These guys all love their baby brother Jackson.

Brandon and I got new phones on Black Friday and are enjoying the improvements with the camera.


I don't take hardly any sleeping pictures of Jackson. I feel like I took sleeping pictures of all my other kids all the time. Fifth child syndrome I guess. Also, he has been my hardest baby so I think I am a little more timid about going in when he is asleep for fear of waking him up.

Mckinley really enjoyed her activity days group. This was a picture of most of them at the BYU Museum of Art.

The Orem Library lights are so awesome! I wanted to drive up to temple square this year but that didn't happen. This is almost just as good.

We had our 2nd annual Bishop cousins Christmas party and it was at my house this year. Not a great turn out but we had a lot of fun.

Cute cute girls on this little adorable angel.


Playing with portrait mode on the camera.

The kids and I spend a big chunk of our sundays alone. Brandon is the ward clerk and is gone a lot for meetings and tithing settlement, etc.

Home Depot's December craft was the cutest advent calendar!

Mckinley made menus for everyone for dinner one night and went around on her roller blades taking orders. What a cutie!



Mckinley won the Home Depot drawing and got to take this giant bear home! We saved it and surprised the other kids for Christmas.

Cute hair do on miss Ava girl.

More ice cream dates.

All tuckered out.

Kallie was so into Buddy the Elf this year. She was so cute. Kallie and Tyler made him a castle out of blocks and then put a barbie in there the next day to keep him company.

We took Tyler and Mckinley to see the new Jumanji and we all loved it!

I signed up for the craft at Tyler and Kallie's class Christmas party and then Ava got super sick with the first exposure to the cold sore virus and so my dad came and rescued me and babysat while I went to the school.


Tyler and Kallie all dressed up for their Christmas singing program at school. Kallie was supposed to be a doll. I dragged Ava to this even though she wasn't feeling up to it, and then I ended up staying home the next day when the entire school did their Christmas sing. I was really sad to miss it. 

Our sweet neighbor Sally blessed us with another adorable nativity set this year. We are so lucky to live next to her!

Mckinley went to a super fun birthday party and got to go rock climbing. She loved it.

Kallie did a spa day for Ava one day and painted her nails and let her soak her feet.

Then Ava scratched her face while her nails were still wet. Ha ha. Ava was so so sick for an entire week and as soon as she got better she got sick again with a cough. Poor girl couldn't catch a break. Most of us were sick at some time during Christmas break. It was rough.

Sick babies means extra snuggles.

Mckinley had fun helping us with the elf and had him fishing. We don't do creative things with the elf, we just move him around. But I have a feeling Mckinley is going to expand her creativity next year. Go right ahead girl!

0 comments: