Friday, January 6, 2023

New Years Eve and Brandon's 39th Birthday

We got together with the Salmon's at Ross and Karen's church and ate Mo Bettah's for dinner and then had our annual glow in the dark dance party. We actually ran out of time for confetti because Ross had bought tickets for everyone to go to a BYU basketball game that evening at 7. I'm not sad about it. I don't know if it's worth the mess ha ha.

We watched the game from the nose bleeds but had a good time being together!



Our family left early and went home and hung out. Jackson asleep in my arms. I love it!


New Years Day was Sunday and it was Jackson's first time in primary! His teachers are amazing and they draw pictures on the board every week. This week it was what they got for Christmas. Jackson got a paw patrol castle so this was the picture he got. He was super hesitant to go to primary and told me he just wanted to go to nursery. I had to stay with him in singing time and then in class he was teary but Kellie pulled him from me and he calmed down.

Went over to my mom's to see Ken one last time before he left town. I drove over just with Jackson, no one else wanted to go. Of course he fell asleep in the car, lol. It was a super scary snow storm that we drove in to get there. I was honestly nervous to drive home and told myself if it was too bad I could just sleep over there.


A bunch of us siblings with Mom and Dad. I was the one who suggested we take a picture of course. :)

The drive home was still slow and I took Geneva instead of the freeway this time but it was honestly better than the drive there. And I was soooooo excited about all the snow we were getting knowing that Monday was the observed holiday and Brandon would be home to go sledding with us! I had been dying all Christmas break for some good snow to play in. These trees on the way home were so freaking gorgeous.


Of course Monday we went out to the golf course to enjoy all the snow!


Our cute neighbor was taking pictures of our trek out there, unbeknownst to us. Ha ha.

The sledding wasn't quite as magical as it was when Brandon was gone to Albuquerque (so sad he missed out) but it was still fun! It was windy and snowing and overcast and the snow was so wet and heavy that we didn't sled as far down the hills but we still had a great time!







Our neighbor chased us down on our way back and asked to take a picture of us.

Then over to Ross and Karen's for pizza and a football game.

This is the puzzle I got for Christmas. It was so much fun! Brandon and I did most of it all in one day after we had spent hours on another fun one at his parents' house.

Wouldn't be a complete post without a picture of Jackson sleeping, would it? 

So we survived the torturous early first morning back to school. Then Brandon's birthday was on Wednesday. We didn't do breakfast in bed since he doesn't eat breakfast. But we did presents in the morning before the kids went to school. We went to Chili's for dinner. It was so yummy and lots of fun!


Home for donuts even though we were already stuffed!

Ended the night watching a show and eating treats. I think Brandon had a good birthday!

Thursday night, the day after his birthday, we had an appointment to serve at the Bishop's Storehouse stocking shelves. Brandon, Kallie, and Tyler were all hesitant about it but everyone ended up loving it and begged to go back! 

It was a great time and such a treat to see my old ward member, Diane Wangemann. 

We all had a blast!!!


0 comments: