Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Nightmare Express

I wish I was clever and creative and that I could describe things on here in a way that reading my blog would actually make someone laugh. But, since I'm not, here's a brief description of what we did and some pictures.

So last night we got together with my family and had dinner and then went to ride the Nightmare Express in Lindon. It's a free train ride full of spooky fun! We went on the Polar Express there last year for Christmas but this was our first time doing it for Halloween. It was well worth the wait! Such a fun experience and one I want to do every year from here on out. Here are the pictures.

The more festive of the group: My mom and dad (as Cruela Devile and Pongo), Kristen is Jessie from Toy Story 2, and I am a devil woman.

Here's cute baby Ocean wearing my devil horns.


Ammon was dressed up as a monkey. So cute!!
The entrance to the Nightmare Express
Here we are about to board the train. My family filled up one whole train so it was perfect.
Me and Bran at the back of the train.
A few sights along the way...







I guess all the fun zonked me out. Here I am passed out on the couch. I guess Brandon thought it would be fun to take pictures of me sleeping. He thought it was funny that I was all curled up in a ball.

12 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like fun! That's awesome that you guys all dressed up!! Love all the costumes!

Stacey said...

That sleeping position does not look comfortable at all. We did the train yesterday too. We had to go at 5 so Jules wouldn't be scared though. We live just around the corner from it so we get to deal with all the traffic-yay! It's so fun and nice of them to do all that they do. Oh and I love the costumes.

Hannah S said...

You look great as a devil woman. You look good in red. Yes, that position is odd. Did Kristen make all the costumes?

Ryan + Jess said...

You are so festive - do you dress up for work, too?

I always wanted to go on the Heber Creeper at Halloween time but we never made it. Looks like fun!!

Steve & Julie said...

Okay, you really look uncomfortable. I don't think I could sleep like that. You look great in your costume and it seems like a ton of fun!

Jessica said...

You guys are so fun! I can't believe your parents dressed up too! That's awesome. Where do they do the train ride at?

He he, and that sleeping position is hilarious. I've never seen anybody curled up in a ball on their back like that before.

Emily said...

That was so fun! You got lots more pictures than me (like always)...have a fun halloween!

Jeff Sorensen said...

Very fun! You guys are always doing cute stuff. It is rather inspiring! We are trying to be more fun...It is so much fun to keep up with what you are doing! -Lex

Jensen Family said...

how fun! the train ride here was way too long of a wait... but i'm sure the one in lindon was much better anyways :) looks like you guys had fun!! and i love the sleeping pic haha you look so cozy! i wish i could cozy up like that, its too hot here!!

Me said...

Hi Steph!!! Cute cute blog!! I love it!! It looks like you and Brandon had fun!! Those babies on my blog were some cute ones I found on the internet! Aren't they adorable? How are you doing? I love that we can keep in touch like this!

Maren said...

your friend jessica is my cousin!! how cool is that?!

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is Sam. I live in Stringtown where we do the Polar Express and Nightmare Express. Just for the fun of it, I was searching the web for comments on the Polar Express because I get a kick out of what some people say. I stumbled across your blog, and it looks like you had a lot of fun last year, and I really appreciate your comments. We are totally booked this year, but there is a little space left that we want to save for people who really enjoyed it last year (and said nice things on their blogs :o). If you'd like to come, e-mail me using the e-mail address on http://stringtown.us/contact and I'd love to get you guys in. Thanks, Sam