Friday, October 10, 2008

What Do You Call This?

We call it taking advantage of not having kids.

Me and Brandon had the funnest night yesterday. It kind of stinks that we have to go to work all day till 5:30, but then our real life starts and this is how it went yesterday.

An AMAZING dinner (proven by Brandon's 4 servings and licking his plate afterwards - he just did that as a joke by the way...I think) of Hawaiian Haystacks and salad that we made together. Yes, my husband helps me make dinner. Go ahead. Be jealous. :)


After dinner we raced up to the Y with plans of hiking it. But when we got up there, we realized the sun was already setting so we just hung out in the parking lot reminiscing about other times we were there...one of our first dates, the day we got engaged, hiking the Y last year...

The best picture I could get of the Y all lit up.


When it got too cold we left and realized we had some time to kill before The Office started. So we headed to Macey's for ice cream cones.

Then we went home and watched The Office together. Loved it. I LOVED the Jim/Dwight teasing that came back in to play. And I can't wait till Pam comes back.


After The Office we watched Iron Man. Somehow I still hadn't seen it. I thought it was great but was very disappointed that Miss Potts and Iron Man didn't kiss in the end. I'm a sucker for the love stories...even in an action flick.


So that was our night. I loved every minute of it. Pretty much every night goes something like that. We do whatever we want whenever we want and it's so nice not to have to worry about anything else. Thanks Bran for being such an amazing husband. I love you!
PS. I love driving up the canyon to see the leaves, but I think we missed it this year. At least we have these in our backyard...

10 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Awww the days w/out kids. Man I miss it sometimes, but I sure love my chillins. My night was folding laundry, making muffins for dinner because we have no food, cleaning house, giving baths, reading stories, getting kids in bed in time to watch our shows. Not quite as exciting.

Jennie said...

That sounds like a great evening that Grant and I would enjoy together. Especially the office and Iron Man.

Tara Fears said...

OK, one time when the Y was lit, a few of us hiked the Y and while we were up there we unplugged the lights and flashed them for a minute or two. THEN, when we came back down we saw Jordan walking around the streets with his buddies and stopped to talk to him and he said "DUDE, did you see the flashing lights on the Y?!" It was HILARIOUS cause...you know. Sounds like you guys had a really fun day! What would have made it even MORE fun was if WE were there with you! :)

Stacey said...

Ok, I am jealous! I feel like I say that every time on your blog. I'm glad that you are enjoying life! I think I'm just mostly jealous that your husband helps with dinner. Love the leaves in your backyard. I missed the leaves in the canyon this year too.

Jessica said...

I love that arch in your backyard! It's beautiful! What kind of plant is that? We went out and bought Iron Man b/c we loved it so much!

There are definitely advantages to the pre-kid era. Our fav way to celebrate our independence is a spontaneous road trip. Just b/c we can!

Jensen Family said...

aw man, i haven't seen ironman yet! but now i know how it ends...THANKS! jk :) i think your backyard looks so pretty! i do not get to see colors like those here in az. kind of sad. we go from green, to none. lame! and mmmmm i love hawaiian hay stacks, infact i was just talking about wanting it last night! and good for your hubs helping you cook..mine comes home from work and says "where's dinner"? maybe one day he'll cook?

Hannah S said...

wow. that's a beautiful arch. love the colors!!!

~Amber~ said...

How long have you been married?? Its nice not having children huh!
Your husband sounds super awesome! I love reading your blog and all the fun stuff you two do together! Marriages do work!!!! its not a lie! I believe it ha h ah aha!
keep blogging! we should get together sometime....by the way, i was by your parents house on sunday, trying to find a stupid church....they are EVERYWHERE in utah county!!!!! I couldn't find the right one! ha!

Jeanne Gomm said...

David says " If the superhero gets the girl it usually means something bad is going to happen to her." Yikes. We are enjoying more time together too but it is the other end of the spectrum. Our kids are grown and independent now. Thenks for your help in YW.

Jamie said...

I spent some time with virtual you catching up on your blog tonight. It's fun to read about what you've been up to. I'd like to comment on every post but alas... I'm tired so I'll sum it up here. You and your hubby seem to have a lot of fun together. I'm glad you're happy. You deserve it. Your red leaves are gorgeous.