Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter

Easter was great this year. So fun to see Ava doing Easter egg hunts for the first time.

A week before Easter we went to Brandon's parents' ward party. We have gone every year forever and it's one of our favorite traditions. It was a pretty cold morning but we still had fun.

Ava hadn't had any practice but she did awesome just walking around and picking up eggs to put in her basket. She didn't need any help.




We had breakfast again outside this year but it was so cold we ended up eating in the van. Still really yummy.

Since Easter was on General Conference and we didn't go to church I took a picture of the kids the week before, even though no one got new Easter clothes this year (unless you count Mckinley's baptism dress that we let her wear). I don't even bother trying to get a "good" picture. The real life ones are just as great in my mind. The sun is always too bright for Tyler, ha ha ha, and Ava couldn't hold still long enough. I love it. And I love them. As crazy as they make me sometimes, they really are amazing kids.


This is how Ava folds her arms. She also mumbles softly during our prayers.

One of Ava's favorite places to be is up on the kitchen table. She gets up there and then stomps her feet in delight.

We got to go to Bradon's parents house to dye Easter eggs. Mckinley was really sad to have to leave early and go to dance but she got to come back and finish after. It was a really great night.




I took joy school for my friend who just had a baby and I taught the week before Easter so we finger painted paper Easter eggs. Tyler says his is an eyeball?? Yikes. And the sass just radiates from Kallie, am I right?

We enjoyed watching General Conference and got to have a fun lunch at my parents' house on Saturday and see my brother Todd who was here from Seattle. The kids had an Easter egg hunt there. I didn't get any pictures though.

Sunday we went to Brandon's parents house after conference and the kids had a blast gathering eggs in the back yard and then hiding gum for the parents to find. Such fun traditions! Then we had a yummy dinner together.










0 comments: