Thursday, February 14, 2019

Worst Day Ever at Disneyland

I didn't take a single picture at Disneyland on Thursday. This one is from Brandon's phone.

So the weather forecast showed the worst rain on Thursday, so we were expecting it. They had flash flood warnings. It rained all night and in the morning all the flower beds at the hotel were flooding onto the sidewalks. It was a mess. Brandon was looking at the forecast and thought we should stay in our room for the morning and maybe try going to Disneyland in the afternoon.

But then all his family left and then they were texting us saying the crowds were light and so was the rain. So we got up and went. It rained pretty hard on us so we were soaked by the time we got there. We ran to Pirates and there were totally more people there that day than the day before. So lame. We still walked onto the ride, but there were just tons of people walking on in front of you. We went on Pirates, went on Haunted Mansion, and then tried to find cover and decide if we wanted to walk all the way over to Peter Pan and wait in the rain for 20 minutes to ride that ride.

By this time the kids were crying, our shoes were like sponges and we were just soaked. So we decided to walk home. Unfortunately, the rain didn't let up and we just got even more soaked on the freaking long walk home. It was so frustrating. We went back to the hotel room and basically spent the rest of the day bored. It stopped raining at like 1:00 and never rained again so if we would have just waited in the hotel room for the morning we probably could have enjoyed our day. Although all the wait times were way worse than the day before so I think either way I would have been bugged.

We finally did go out into the hot tub and the kids at least enjoyed swimming.

Then we went to Jersey Mike's for dinner.

Ava fell asleep on the way and just slept through dinner.

The rest of the night was dumb. We spent most of it sitting around doing nothing. Jordan, Annie, and Karen stayed at the park all day. I think during the worst rain they were able to go on It's a Small World and they waited for like 25 minutes to see the princesses and stuff but I don't know how they weren't just soaked. We had our clothes hanging up all over our hotel room and they never did dry, we brought home a suitcase full of wet clothes. It was terrible. I was so nervous about getting up early enough to make our flight (we had to leave our hotel room at 5 am). I woke up at 1:45 and never went back to sleep. I had three nights of insomnia in a 5 night period and it was so awful.

We did make our flight and eventually got home. I sent all the kids off to school for Friday afternoon and called my mom and just cried! This trip was really rough for me. Luckily I am the only one who really felt that way. The kids think they had a great trip! And really, Wednesday was good enough to make up for Thursday. But man, Disneyland is not for the faint of heart! That's why I can only put up with it every 2 years.

Eventually I got all the laundry done and shoes dried and I got over it and moved on with life but for a while there I didn't know if I was going to be able to do that!

Phew, goodbye Disneyland for a couple (hopefully more) years!

0 comments: