Monday, March 6, 2023

Cruise - Catalina Island

We knew we wanted to try out the beach at Catalina so we wore swimsuits and jackets on top since it felt like a pretty chilly day again.

Breakfast was awesome.

Catalina was so pretty.

The ferry ride over was fun. I tried to get towels but it didn't work out.






It was pretty dang cold and windy. We got off the boat right after breakfast so our time at Catalina was really cold.

The kids of course still ended up getting in the water but without any towels to dry off with, they were pretty cold.

Catalina was such a cute town, I wish I had taken more pictures of the shops.





We bought some key chains and headed back to the cruise ship to get in the hot tub!

The kids were so excited to find the animal towels our housekeeper had made us. This was the first we saw of any towel art. Carnival must have stopped carving fruit. There was not a single carved watermelon or anything else our entire trip which was super disappointing for me. 

Oh, we saw some dolphins in the morning at Catalina, a bunch of them. It was so cool! My dream of seeing a dolphin had been fulfilled, twice!

We played in the hot tub and pool and spent some time on the water slides. The Green Thunder waterslide was intense, I was so proud of myself for doing it twice! Tyler did it a bunch as well as Mckinley. Brandon tried it out too. We couldn't ever get Kallie to try it.

This yellow water slide was one where you had to push yourself the entire way.

There was a little splash pad as well. It was just so cold that day that we didn't really enjoy it very much. As we were walking back from the water slides, Mckinley spotted a dolphin that we watched and then we also saw a seal and then off in the very far distance, I saw a whale! We saw the whale come up a few times and could see the water spray up out of its blowhole and then we even saw its tail come all the way out of the water and back in. It was incredible! I couldn't believe how lucky we had been to see dolphins three times in the first 24 hours, and a seal and a whale! That was the first time I had ever seen a whale in my life. It was really far away but it was so wonderful!

This boy was so good the entire trip! He was so fun. The workers kept trying to talk to him, as well as other guests, and he wouldn't give anyone the time of day, and even started crying after a worker poked him in the belly button and then hid from him. Ha ha.

This water was literally ice cold! These guys' teeth were chattering.

Brrrr.


Jackson was shivering while eating this ice cream cone. One plus of bad weather was we never had to get the sunscreen out the entire cruise.

After our time at the pool we went to the room to shower and get ready for the elegant dinner. Right as I got out of the shower and was still brushing my teeth, I spotted a handful of dolphins outside. So the kids and I went out on the deck to discover there were more than just a few dolphins. There were a bunch of groups of dolphins. I went and got Brandon in the next room and we were all out on the deck and got to behold a megapod of dolphins, there had to have been over a thousand.

The dolphins were out there for an hour and a half, it was the most incredible thing to behold! It absolutely filled my heart to the brim and I felt like it could just burst out of my chest. I couldn't believe how lucky we were and I knew this was absolutely a once in a lifetime experience. A cruise ship employee was down on the deck below us taking a video which tells you this was something special! Words can't even describe how amazing this was!

The elegant dinner was fun. It was nice to have an excuse to shower and actually get ready since you're just constantly in a swimsuit and in the hot tub.




Beautiful sunset out the window at the restaurant.


The kids loved the glass elevators. Cruise ships really are so incredible.



Creme Brulee for dessert. Yum!





 

0 comments: