Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bear Lake #2

This post is going to be long.
.
Let's start out with an adorable picture of Mckinley in the bumbo chair. Maybe it's just cause I'm her mom (still so surreal), but I think she's pretty darn cute.

.
Mckinley is growing so fast. She'll be 3 months this Saturday. She has learned two tricks. She rolls over from her back to her stomach, and she puts her own binki in her mouth. So cute! This is usually how we find her in bed now. Sleeping on her side with her head arched way back. When she gets super mad, she keeps kicking and rolls all the way over.

.
A week ago my baby sister Amy turned 21. We had a family dinner at the park.

.
We always have to take comparison pictures of Mckinley and her little cousin Bryce. So cute!


.
The next day Kristen and I went with Amy to cold stone and upgraded her free ice cream to this massive thing...the three of us shared it and we were all sick. It was worth it though.

.
Okay, and now for our (2nd) trip to Bear Lake. I have a lot of pictures on here. Not necessarily in any order. This was a big extended family reunion on my mom's side. We have them every two years and everyone comes, I think we had around 90 people this year.
.
This is my little nephew Jack. The last time I saw him he was 8 months old. He is now 3. My brother moved to Iowa and we HATE it. But we enjoyed the time we had with their family. Jack is seriously the cutest thing ever and we had so much fun with him. Well, mostly Brandon. He loved Brandon. He didn't ever warm up to me very much but oh well, it was fun to just watch him run around.

.
This is Ian, another one of Todd's kids we never see. He's 6 and a half. He kept calling me Kristen but it's okay, I'll take whatever I can get.
.
And that's Jens on the left of this picture. It's crazy how much they have all grown up. Brandon could usually be found somewhere with any number of my nephews surrounding him. The kids love playing with him! It's so cute.
And here's their dad, my brother Todd. It was so fun to see him. Who knows how many years it will be before we get to see them again.
.
Todd wasn't the only uncle Mckinley got to meet this weekend. This is my brother Ken who lives in California. She got to meet him and also his wife Kjersti. Man, I just wish no one in our family would ever move away from each other. Oh well...

.
Kristen and Amy shared a cabin with me and Bran.

.
Jack at the beach. Oh, I could just take this kid home with me. He makes me want a little boy so bad!

.
And now get ready for a few sleeping pictures. How is in all this sleeping I never managed to get a nap in the whole trip? I was wasted yesterday when we got home.
.
Bryce sleeping at the beach.

.
Brandon and Mckinley taking a nap in the cabin.

.
Ammon passed out at the beach. He looked so cute.

.
Amy found an interesting spot for a nap...

.
Amy loved snuggling with Mckinley.

.
Anyway, I suck at writing about stuff (hence the large amount of pictures), but we had a great time. It's always fun to see all the cousins. I felt like I didn't get to spend as much one on one time with some of them as I usually do since I had Mckinley to take care of. But she is more than worth it.
.
PS. The count of pictures in my July folder went up to 332. But now we're in to August. Phew!!
.
PPS. This was my last official week of maternity leave. Next week it's back to work. Kind of. I'm just going part-time. Very part-time. I am actually spending most of next week in Arizona for my brother-in-law's wedding. Wahoo!! I feel so lucky that I'm not dreading going back to work like most people. I am so lucky to just be able to work a little bit and spend most of my time with Mckinley.

3 comments:

Haley said...

Happy Birthday to Amy! so do you get a free icecream from coldstone on your birthday?? :) Sounds like a fun sisters date! And it was great to see you guys at Bear Lake! Your little McKinley is absolutely adorable =) so glad to finally meet her in person :)

Hannah S said...

It was fun to see everyone and to see you and Brandon in action. I too wish we could have had more adult time w/each other. Glad we have blogs though :)
The photo of you and McKinnley sleeping is precious!!! You look so beautiful while you sleep too.

Adam and Hilary said...

It was good to see you! Your nephew Jack is a fun kid! While we were watching Shark Tales he was snuggling on Adam. It was so cute!