Monday, March 10, 2014

Twins

Having twins has been such an incredible journey. There have definitely been ups and downs, but I can always remind myself how amazing this is and how lucky we are to have them.
 
Tyler and Kallie really do pretty much do everything together. They fight a lot, but they are always following each other around the house, basically doing the same thing.
 
They love to play in the bathtub in my bathroom and have now figured out how to climb into it by themselves. They have yet to turn the water on while they are in there fully clothed, but I know it is bound to happen.
 
Kallie has been loving the sticker book Mckinley got for Christmas. She pulls the stickers off and puts them on her face and on Tyler's face and everywhere else in the house.
 
 
Tonight these two were playing side by side with the toy kitchen downstairs in the playroom. Tyler was running a car all around the kitchen sink and stove, and Kallie was working on putting a toy carrot in the oven. Ha ha ha, I love it!
 
Having two kids the same age is not easy. Always two diapers to change, two sets of teeth to brush, two babies to get up in their high chairs, feed them, and then two babies to clean up (I really dislike feeding my children). But then when you get two of them laughing together, or playing peek-a-boo together, or chasing each other around the house, you remember that twins are special and amazing and awesome. I hope they will always be there for each other growing up. I am so glad that they will have no memories of when they were this little and their mom was going crazy just trying to keep them alive and happy every day. I'm not gonna lie, it hasn't been pretty, but I am proud of myself for surviving this long, and I feel like things are just going to get better the older they get. They have the best big sister in the entire world and I am so lucky to be their mom.

0 comments: