Thursday, June 12, 2014

Amy's Wedding

On Saturday, June 7, my little sister Amy got married. She is the baby of the family. She married Adam Firkins in the Timpanogos Temple.

When they came out of the temple Mckinley ran right over but instead of hugging them, she just turned around to smile for pictures. Because of course she should be in them...right?

Brandon ran and picked up Mckinley to bring her back to the temple because we knew she would love seeing Amy in her wedding dress. She was probably more excited for Amy's wedding than Amy was. The night before that's all she prayed for, thank you that it could be Amy's wedding day after I go to sleep and wake up again. And then the second she woke up the first thing she said was I'm so excited! It's Amy's wedding day. I can't believe it!

All 8 siblings.

One of my favorite pictures from the day.

Me with my two long lost brothers who moved out of state. We don't see them often enough.

First thing I thought when I saw Amy's wedding cake was um, did they forget to decorate it?

Turns out they really did. It looked so awful. So Bryant and Summer ran to the store, bought some flowers, and decorated it real quick. Yeah, I think my mom will be getting her money back on that one. Sure did taste good though. It was from Kneaders. Kneaders also did my wedding cake and also messed it up (though not nearly as bad) and my mom got a gift card to Kneaders in the amount of the cake so I think she ate there free for like a year. :) Hope that happens again.

Amy and Adam live in Arizona so we will just add them to the list of long lost siblings. Nice to at least meet him though. :)

Cuteness!

Tyler and Kallie did join us for the reception but I forgot to get any pictures while they were there. I wonder why? One toddler for each adult doesn't leave anyone to take pictures. :)

The wedding day was beautiful and even though the schedule seemed too rushed to me, everything worked out great in the end. It was all over by 2 in the afternoon and then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. We ended up going to a park that night with my brothers before they flew back home and had such a fun evening!

Oh, I almost forgot I wanted to add this picture of all the boys golfing a couple nights before the wedding.

1 comments:

Hilary said...

Congrats to Amy! Beautiful bride!