Friday, May 24, 2019

Jackson!

Our baby boy is here!!! I don't know how much I've written about my pregnancy on this blog, but this pregnancy was super rough. We thought we lost our baby three separate times when I had subchorionic hemorrhages, I bled for months, was on bed rest here and there, got lots of cold sores, headaches, threw up the entire pregnancy, and was just completely miserable.

I was planning on being induced at 39 weeks since I never go into labor. That would have been on May 23rd. But this sweet boy decided to make an early entrance. I went into labor the night of May 13th and he was born at 12:29 am on the 14th. I had contractions at home for about an hour before we made it to the hospital and boy were they bad. I was able to get an epidural and he was born 2 hours after we got to the hospital. The delivery was smooth and easy. His head fell out before the doctor had even put on his gown. Absolutely zero pushing. So that was nice. And he was tiny. 5 lbs 14 oz. We named him Jackson.



The kids had gone to bed on Monday night before I knew I was really in labor so they had no idea we left the house or that their brother was born in the middle of the night. Brandon ended up going home at about 3 am and so he woke up with the kids and told them what happened and brought them to the hospital to meet Jackson. They were all so excited!



Tyler told me when he got to the hospital that he cried happy tears because he has a brother.




Going home as a family of 7. Our van is full. It's crazy and so so wonderful.

0 comments: