Friday, May 24, 2019

Jackson's First Week

We came home Wednesday evening and of course the kids were so excited to have Jackson home.



He's just so sweet. None of the pictures really show how small he is. He has been such a good baby so far. He has given us some seriously amazing nights with only a few bad ones here and there. At about a week old he started having some fussy time in the evenings between like 9 pm and midnight. He has a hard time settling down for the night. But once he does, he usually wakes up for 1 feeding and then we don't hear from him the rest of the night. We get up in the morning and he usually just keeps sleeping. And of course he pretty much sleeps all day.

Brandon has meetings Sunday mornings so I am home alone to get the kids ready for Church. The first Sunday was a total success! I'm sure once Jackson gets more fussy it won't always work out so well, and of course I didn't have to get myself ready.

Tyler is so in love with his little brother. I always see him kneeling down by the bouncer chair just wanting to be close to him.



Had to try to capture his tiny hands and feet.


Love those forehead wrinkles!

Jackson is constantly poopy and pooped on me several times while getting his diaper changed the first week. It doesn't happen as much now. He already got a pretty bad diaper rash from always being poopy.


Oh boy we just love him so much! He has been a dream so far and I'm sure eventually he will become more fussy and harder to manage but we are enjoying our typical cloud 9 phase with a brand new baby. I usually get baby blues a couple weeks in so I'm anticipating that and hoping my family can be patient with me until it passes.

Having 5 kids doesn't feel overwhelming because my bigger kids are so independent now and pretty helpful. We are just loving life and feeling very blessed!

0 comments: