Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Surgery

Monday I found out for sure that I would need surgery and that I could get in on Wednesday. It was really annoying waiting till then, even though it wasn't that long to wait.

So we drove up to Salt Lake again to have surgery.

The surgeon we picked had great reviews and he was so amazing to give me his cell phone number and talk to me three times on the phone before surgery. We didn't meet him till we were in the waiting room. He put a plate and screws in to my bone and also did another separate surgery for carpel tunnel that I may or may not have needed. And while we were there I had him drain this huge cyst that had appeared on my right hand like a month before. It was a lot.


I was so excited to be put under because I always loved it before with IVF but man, this time was different. I felt so awful coming out of surgery. I was in a ton of pain, I said no to a nerve root block that maybe I should have said yes to. I felt so nauseous. I am green in this picture! I ended up puking in the parking lot before we got to the car. I felt so horrible that entire evening until I finally took the nerve pain pills and a bunch of ibuprofen before I went to bed. Then I slept great and haven't had a lot of pain since. But man, that day I thought I was going to die!

My new cast was worlds better than my first one. Two weeks in this, then three weeks in a brace, then who knows how long of physical therapy and stretching before I get my full movement back.


0 comments: