Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Soakin Up the Sun in Moab

Last weekend we went down to Moab for a family reunion with all the cousins on my mom's side. We have these reunions every two years. So at the last one, Brandon and I had only been married a couple of weeks. :) Last year we were in tents and something I ate made me sick so I was throwing up the whole time. This year was much better!

We spent a lot of time in the pool, hiking to some of the arches, floating down the Colorado River with a few occasional rapids, hiding in our cabin from all the mosquitoes that swarmed us the second it cooled down at night, and of course visiting with cousins. It was so fun to see everyone!

My grandma got cabins for all of us and me and Brandon had finally been married long enough to deserve not only our own cabin, but one with a TV and fridge! We loved it.

Here are some pictures from our trip. My cousin Ryan had a waterproof camera so hopefully I will be able to post more pictures of the river run and cliff jumping later.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

Good pictures representing all we did!

The Ensign's said...

How fun!!!! Man these are the kinds of things that I wish I lived closer to family for.

~Amber~ said...

Man! I forget how much you and your family look so much alike!!!

Stacey said...

So I decided that you guys have way too much fun! Enjoy it while you don't have kids. It really does look like fun and I'm totally jealous. When are we going to get together?

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Looks like fun!! I am glad that you two have qualified as being old enough for your own cabin this year!!

Jessica said...

Hey, I love your blog's patriotic makeover! It's super cute!

Megan Erickson said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! you will have to send me info on that place you went to.. sounds like a perfect family reunion place. Maybe I could get my family to do it...

Tara Fears said...

FUN Steph! We totally need to meet in Moab for a little family get-together some weekend soon!! Gary wished we had more time to stop there on our way down yesterday!

Joanna said...

Great to see a picture of Kristen. Tell her I said hello. Also, thought it was funny below about the name thing. Of course one of the Brandon Salmon's is my brother in law!