Monday, December 22, 2008

Just a few more days...

Yay, Christmas is almost here. All this snow outside totally makes it feel like Christmas and I love it! For all of you who don't live here, this is what it looks like outside right now. It's so gorgeous.



I haven't posted for a while so I guess I'll look through my pictures and see what we've done over the last couple of weeks.

We went to a surprise birthday party for our friend Ashli. Now I know a lot of you plan parties for your kids and play these games, but this was a party of all adults, and we still played them.

Pin the Tail on the Donkey

I was the first to go. My excuse is that Brandon pointed me in the wrong direction. But maybe my alignment is just off. :) They said I had to put the tail on the first place I touched.


Brandon won the whole thing. Of course. He's amazing at everything he does. Even kid games.


Hitting a pinata


Let's see, I've been to three work Christmas parties. I only have pictures from one of them though. I got invited to a party at The Rock Church (TRC). It was awesome. Inside they have a pool table and a little bar where you can buy food and tables to eat it on. Then there is a back room that has chairs all set up facing a stage, with microphones and all that up there for performances. I wonder what their worship services are like.Anyway, we had an awesome dinner there and then some even better entertainment. It was so much fun.


Jessica is rocking out...in the rock church. :) How appropriate.



Last weekend Brandon and I got a call from the wife of one of the doctors I work for. She said that she and her husband had a room reserved in Salt Lake at the Hotel Monaco and couldn't use it and wondered if we wanted to. Always ready to take full advantage of having no kids, we headed right up there and had a nice little weekend getaway.


We walked from our hotel to Temple Square and saw the lights. We weren't exactly planning on doing that, so we didn't have hats and Brandon didn't even have a jacket. He was still probably warmer than me.











This is the view from our hotel room on the 10th floor. Doesn't it just look like CHRISTMAS?!!


Brandon's cousin Sara also got married on Friday but I don't have any pictures...Congratulations to Sara and Spencer!

After we got home from Salt Lake I went to my favorite hair dresser EVER and got my hair died BROWN. I've never gone brown before in my whole life but I totally love it. I thought about doing a poll on the side asking if people like it better blond or brown, but I decided I don't really care because I totally love it! I'm sure I'll end up blond again sometime, but for now, I'm enjoying being brown.


Yes, this is a self-portrait. :) Brandon was driving. I couldn't exactly ask him to take it.

Okay, I guess since this post is already so random, I'll add one more random thing. So Brandon and I have been trying to be healthier. Not eating treats, exercising, you know, all that garbage. Well not eating treats is really hard for me. #1 because I like treats, and #2 because this is where I work:











Yes, all of those pictures are separate cupboards. And I'm the one that buys all this stuff so I can buy whatever I want...I just can't eat it. (This would be an appropriate time to start feeling proud of me.) Every time I go out shopping for the doctors I feel the need to tell the cashier that none of what I'm buying is for me. I do like the looks I get though walking through the grocery store with a cart full of 12 packs of soda or just plain full of junk. It makes me laugh.

Well, is this long enough yet? I'm sure most of you aren't even reading this anymore. You've skimmed through the pictures and you've moved on to someone else's blog. Without leaving a comment. :) If you're still reading, just know that I am really excited for Jordan to come home on Christmas Eve (that's Brandon's little brother who is on a mission in Argentina) and then for Christmas on Thursday! This is the best time of the year.

13 comments:

Laura said...

Ummm, that is a lot of junk food. Can I come and work with you??? Have a good Christmas!!!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

I love the brown hair on you it looks really good...and its perfect to go dark for winter! You can always go lighter in the summer.

Jilleen said...

Sounds like you've been enjoying the season. Merry Christmas! We'll probably see you tomorrow at the Bishop party!

Amanda&Wade said...

I totally read the whole thing.. I enjoyed every minute! Except one part.... about your favorite hair dresser... that should be ME!! haha! j/k! love ya! Oh by the way, it is super cute brown!

Losee's said...

I love the brown hair! It looks really good on you!

Ryan + Jess said...

LOVE the hair, Steph!! Way to be brave - I've always wanted to go darker but couldn't get up the courage.

Stacey said...

I read it all and I wasn't bored at all. I love the hair also. It's fun to make drastic changes like that. Good luck with not eating junk food working there. I would do no good. Sounds like you are having fun as always!

The Alands said...

I love the dark hair, looks really good! I'm sad I missed you at work, maybe you could come stock our cupboards for us.

Emily said...

Brown hair looks good on you!! Holy cow, I would NOT be able to resist any of those treats at work, and that is why i am the weight i am! :) I can't believe Jordan gets home Christmas Eve, what a perfect day! Have fun!

Hannah S said...

Wow! Look at all of these comments :) I love your hair! It's always fun to have change, isn't it? Way to be on your healthy quest. And your doctors office is so cool! Is this the same doctor that is helped you out w/the medication?
Have a great Christmas and I hope to see you at Jennie's baby shower on Sat, 1-4pm...my dad sent out an email.

Emily said...

Love the Hair! We missed you yesterday...but we'll see you tonight!

Kris said...

I love the brown hair, steph! I'm glad you followed through with your idea. Brown looks good on you. And lucky for you guys to stay in SLC! I love your pic of the temple and from your hotel room. Very Christmasy.

Jamie said...

I read it all! The lights and pictures in SLC were really beautiful. I never made it there this holiday season. So thanks for letting me see it vicariously.