Thursday, December 4, 2008

Goodbye Thanksgiving, Hello Christmas!

So, Thanksgiving has come and gone. It was fun, but hooray, now we're on to December. Christmas is right around the corner and then it will be January and February comes after January so things are looking good. :) The best part of Thanksgiving was getting FOUR days off work. Loved it.

On Thanksgiving Day we had dinner at my family's house and I have to say, it was possibly my very favorite Thanksgiving ever. Maybe due to the fact that there were NO KIDS at the dinner, but the good food and great company helped too. I think.

My mom decorated the table so cute. Man, I really love that lady. What are we all going to do while she's gone for a year and a half?


Heidi, Brandon, and Grandma Stum playing Uno.



I realized I don't have a lot of pictures of the two of us. This isn't a great one, but at least it's a picture of us.


Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the pie.

The day after Thanksgiving we had another Thanksgiving dinner with Brandon's family. The only picture I got is of everyone playing Nertz. We are definitely in a Nertz craze right now and have even played it on our lunch break.

Brandon was full of surprises all weekend long, getting the oil changed in the car while I was hanging out with my little sister, buying Christmas lights for us, doing two loads of laundry while I was just lounging around at my parents house having fun. What a good guy. Then Sunday while I was at a YW meeting, he got the Christmas tree out. I decorated it later that night and I just love it. So many good memories of when he surprised me with it last year.


Tuesday night this week I had SIX 12-year-olds at my house (and wow, do they have volume!) for mutual to make some candy trains. It was a lot of fun.


The finished product. Yay for fun Christmas crafts.


Well, December is a month full of traditions and lots of Christmas celebrations so I'm sure there will be many more posts to come.

3 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Thanksgiving just wasn't the same up here all by our lonesome selves. Oh well - hopefully we will be there while Christmas festivities are still going on!!

dmd said...

Hey, I just realized I haven't heard the news...are your parents going on a mission? If so...where????

I love Thanksgiving!

Stacey said...

So my question is, what did you do with all the kids while you guys enjoyed Thanksgiving with out them. Sounds amazing! Love the kids and all but you can't really have a nice Thanksgiving with them.