Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Gonna be an Awesome Summer

Because we have this sweet lawnmower to use! Yeah, you're seeing right. It's a push mower. Totally old school. And totally awesome.


Quick history: When we moved into our house last year there was a lawnmower in the shed. So we used that till near the end of the summer when it broke. Instead of buying a new one, we decided to see if we could borrow my Grandpa Bishop's old push mower. So a couple weeks ago I went over there and got it. It is so fun to use and totally perfect for us since our back yard is barely bigger than my office!


Now it's even more special that we have it since my grandpa just died.

PS. Happy 100th post to me.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

hahaha that is AWESOME! I love it. Grandpa Bishop had some cool stuff. We bought this wierd sproingy screwdriver thing of his at one of the family reunions a few years ago at the auction. It's so fun to use!

Jessica said...

We have a reel mower too and we LOVE it! We have a really small lawn too, so it's perfect.

Ryan + Jess said...

That is awesome. Good workout I bet!

Laura said...

Way cool lawnmower!! Better you then me!!!

Jeff Sorensen said...

My mom made me mow our lawn growing up with a push mower...it was a good size lawn...she said it cut the grass rather than shred it...just don't adopt this into your future plans when you have an acre! Love it!

Jake and Mal said...

Awesome mower! Looks like you had a lot of fun in Phoenix! Glad you guys had a fun vacation :)

Emily said...

whoa, what a coincidence! i JUST posted my 100th post too! haha! that is sooo cool about the push mower. for one, it's good for the environment and good exercixe. and secondly, how special that it's your grandpa's! when my grandma died, i treasured EVERYTHING that i had of hers or that reminded me of her. i was soo lucky and got to have her temple bag!! my favorite keepsake!

Kris said...

I love it! Are you guys going to do a small garden again? You guys inspired me to grow tomatoes this year. we'll see if they turn out or not... :-)