Monday, May 11, 2009

The Rest of the Vacation

Well, our trip to Phoenix is over. Time to blog about the second half of the week. So, I believe I ended off with the zoo. Thursday was another pool day, Friday we swam in the pool in the morning and in the evening we went to In-N-Out (probably not the best thing to eat the night before a race).

.
After In-N-Out we went to the Diamondbacks baseball game. My first major league game. It was so much fun and the stadium was awesome. The top was open and it was perfect weather.
.
The babies after a really good play. Sorry Brynlee and Austin, we couldn't help but to laugh.

.
Our seats were really high up but it made for an awesome view.

.
Saturday morning we got up at the crack of dawn to drive to the zoo to run a 5k. It was the first annual run/walk in the zoo and it was pretty unorganized, but we still had a lot of fun. It was WAY hot so I am proud of us for doing it and for finishing with such a good time! Brandon and I crossed the finish line at just under 33 minutes.
.
I'm still waiting for TARA (hint hint) to send us race pictures, but for now, I stole this picture from Jess's blog. Thanks Jess.

.
After the race we made a stop at a QT gas station. They have the best variety of drinks that you will ever find ANYWHERE. I think we made two or three trips there while we were in Arizona.

.
We swam in the pool again on Saturday after the race and then Saturday night Ross took us all out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. The food was so good and we got to sit outside. It was so perfect.
(Check out my Mexican husband. It's a mystery to all of us how he gets so darn tan.)

.
Chocolate coconut cream cheesecake. Best. Cheesecake. Ever.

.
We drove home on Sunday and got here after midnight. Then me and Bran both had a busy day at work and after work (2 days after our last race), we ran another 5k. I ran this race last year with Ben and Kristi. It's my favorite 5k by far and I plan on running it every year forever. We finished this one in 29 minutes 48 seconds. I have no idea how that happened. :) But we are excited for a few more races this year.

.
There are a ton more pictures I wanted to post but in the interest of time, I'm stopping here.
.
Just to sum up our trip, I totally loved it! The swimming was amazing, we had plenty of time to relax (enough for Brandon to read 4 books!!), we got to do some really fun things, and it was so fun to be with Brandon's entire family for so long. We are hoping it was good enough to get those who live out of Utah to move back home. Soon. I'm sad I missed my grandpa's funeral and that I didn't get to go see any of my cousins or friends while I was in Phoenix, but I think it was the best trip I've been on. Ever. Thanks Ross and Karen for making it happen!

5 comments:

Laura said...

That is awesome you finished the race, good job!!! That cheesecake looks so good!!!

Megan Erickson said...

sounds like you had a good trip! K so I was checking out your bag!! Did you make it? Do you like the size? I have the pattern for that one but was thinking it might be a little big.. what do you think of it? (Assuming it's the amy butler birdie sling pattern) I need to get my but in gear and start running.. well after the baby I guess! So far I have just been walking!

Hannah S said...

Wow! It sounds like you had an awesome time! Way to run those 5k's!!! I am so impressed! You've got to be exhausted. Yay for a great vacation! You deserved it too.

bishopfamily said...

Sounds like you had fun! You are a trooper for running a marathon in Arizona!

Emily said...

wow, best vacation ever! that's pretty cool! i haven't been on vacation for so long i forget what it's like! thanks for documenting it so well, it really was fun to read about and look at all the pictures!