Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving

I forgot to post about Thanksgiving. I'm thinking the main reason is probably because I didn't take very many pictures. But I do have a few.

Like I said at the end of my last post, we headed over to Brandon's parents house to spend the night before Thanksgiving there. It was fun sleeping over, so fun that we ended up staying the next night as well even though we weren't planning on it. Mckinley screamed when we put her in the pack'n'play (she has become quite the crib snob, ha ha ha), but eventually she fell asleep.

We bundled up the morning of Thanksgiving and walked over to the park where Brandon was playing football.


The annual turkey bowl is something Brandon always looks forward to.


It was pretty cold but Mckinley had fun playing on the playground while we were there.




Brandon's dad planned a bowling party, I think on Saturday. Mckinley lasted about one frame and we spent the rest of the time chasing her around the bowling alley.




I didn't take any pictures of the dinner but we ate lots of good food and had a good time hanging out with Brandon's family.




Now that Thanksgiving is over, we are getting ready for Christmas. I went through all my mom's boxes and found the tree and ornaments and we put them up last night, as well as her candy cane lights outside that I love.




Mckinley helped me put candy canes on the lower branches. I love that there are big clumps of candy canes.




I didn't even bother fixing them. I'm sure she'll arrange them a few more times before Christmas is here.




Not sure how long the awkward smile stage is going to last but we're enjoying every minute of it!


2 comments:

Sara said...

We miss you guys already! I wish we had spent more time together. Kinley looks so cute in that last picture.

Blake and Kim said...

I love the pictures of Mckinley setting up Christmas. She looks so adorable! And I love how she waves and says hi to Kaylie at the games. Haha she is the sweetest little girl. Your family is darling.