Sorry for any of you who are waiting for the post to hear that the babies are here. Apparently my uterus is awesome because babies never want to leave it! I am 38 weeks today and the twins are still inside. I am proving all sorts of people wrong, most of all my doctors who really didn't think I'd make it this far. I always thought I would.
It is weird to sit here thinking I could be in the hospital today to get induced but I am waiting 2 more days. It seemed like a crazy decision but it turns out it was meant to be. My mom is the only one of our four parents who is in town right now and she is insanely sick. So come Thursday we will have a little more help.
In case you're wondering what runs through the mind of a woman who is 38 weeks pregnant with twins....
- I can't wait to be able to hug Brandon without putting a beach ball between us.
- I can't wait to have a lap again for Mckinley to sit on.
- To be able to stand up next to my kitchen or bathroom sink without bending over and killing my back.
- Will I ever stop peeing my pants?
- Can't WAIT to sleep on my stomach again!! Or at least to not be in extreme amounts of pain while rolling from one side to the other in bed.
- SO excited to have two new babies to hold.
- Excited to be able to keep my house as clean as I want it again. (Although in all reality, it might be months and months - or never - before this happens.)
- I am really going to miss feeling and watching these babies move around inside of me. It's hard to tell which is which when I feel movement but when one of them gets the hiccups I always know who it is, that part was pretty cool.