Sunday, October 16, 2016

Ava!!!

On Wednesday, October 12th Brandon and I went to the hospital bright and early so I could be induced and finally meet our sweet baby girl.

At first it felt like things were going to be slow. I got caught up in my journal. I didn't realize I hadn't even written in it since I found out I was pregnant.

Brandon was getting pretty bored. We should have brought books or something. But when it was finally time for things to happen, they happened fast! It was such a smooth, wonderful delivery. It only ended up being 5 hours and 15 minutes from the time they hooked me up to the IV until she was born. Not bad.

Ava was a lot bigger than we were expecting her to be. 8 lbs 9 oz!

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I have ever done skin to skin.

Brandon was so excited to feed her a bottle! I wasn't sure at this point what I wanted to do about nursing/pumping/formula feeding.

The nurse was worried about some grunting noises she was making and she ended up spending the rest of the afternoon/evening in the NICU on CPAP but was released before bedtime.

The kids waited all day and it was pretty frustrating that they couldn't meet her yet but finally they got to come and spend a few minutes with her before they went back home to bed.

This was basically the first time I felt like I had really seen my baby, like 7 hours after she was born.




Family of SIX!

As much as Tyler wanted a brother, he will be a great protector for all his sisters.

0 comments: