Monday, July 15, 2019

Free Stuff

I usually avoid free days at restaurants like the plague. I never go to the free zoo day or go get a free donut on national donut day. The crowds are just ridiculous and not worth it to me. But when cousins are in town, sometimes you do things for the first time. We taped on some cow spots and went to Chick Fil A for free food on cow appreciation day. 

It actually turned out to be a really great experience. We only waited in line for 15 minutes, we got 4 tables all next to each other, and our food came out super quick. It was a lot of fun.




Had to throw this in here. When Brandon was in St. George I painted Ava's thumb nails with the yucky nail polish to help her stop sucking her thumb. It was a terrible night and I ended up taking it off with nail polish remover in the middle of the night. But over the next two weeks I never saw her suck her thumb so I thought maybe it cured her. Until we found her like this after a nap. I don't think she sucks it when she is awake or even when she's going down to sleep but apparently she sub consciously still sucks it when she is sleeping. Dang it!

I've never done a free slurpee on 7/11 either but we decided to venture out with cousins and do it. The line wrapped all around the store. It took 15 minutes to get to the slurpee machine which wouldn't have been too bad except it was like 90 degrees in there. I was dying! Tara and her kids got there right when we were at the front so they slipped in with us and we all got out with a tiny little slurpee that didn't even last the drive home. Definitely not worth it, but a fun experience. I'd rather just go pay for a slurpee on any other day of the year. :)

0 comments: